Thursday, June 16, 2011

Really, Gymboree? REALLY?

Today on my lunch break, I wandered over to the mall across the street from my jobsite (I know...how do I manage?) to meet Jason for lunch. He was running a little late so I took some time to wander in and out of a couple of shops. When I wandered into Gymboree, I stopped dead in my tracks. There it was, staring at me in visions of pink and white...the cutest little lobster images I had ever seen...lobster images printed on skirts, purses, tunic tops, knit cardigans, there was even a plush lobster purse that looked like a perfect pink stuffed animal just waiting to be carried around by a blonde haired, blue eyed little LAUBster - and of course, no outfit would be complete without pink lobster barett's for her hair, and every little lLAUBster needs the perfect lobster necklace to accessorize her most adorable namesake outfit right? Right. Oh...My. I had walked in to the mother load of all lobster gear...there was a time, when I thought "If Jason and I ever have a little girl, the poor thing will feel so left out because they will NEVER make lobster gear for a girl..." well, Gymboree - you apparently heard my cry and answered a prayer and have created the Cape Cod line for little Catalina Victoria...who is not in utero, or even in the near future, but some day she'll be here...will I be able to resist purchasing these adorable treasures? I don't think so...I will try VERY hard, but as Gymboree taunts me with their "20% off Summer Sale" signs, I don't know how long I can hold out.

If you are in the Santa Monica area and happen to see me pacing back and forth outside the Santa Monica Place Gymboree, don't get in my way...just let me tear through that store and purchase all of the little pink lobsters until my heart's content!

Damn you Gymboree!








No comments:

Post a Comment