Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First Trimester Officially Done...for Reals This Time!


I *thought* that the first trimester ended at 12 weeks, but it actually ends at 14 weeks! So, let the celebrating begin because today marks the start of week 14 and the beginning of Trimester #2! 1 down, 2 to go! haha :) The picture at the top is showing how big our little lemon is this week!! Someone's getting bigger!!

Everything is going fine except for the fact that I'm sick...not morning sickness sick, regular, non-pregnant person sick. Sore throat- Check. Achy feeling- Check. Sleepless Nights- check. The worst part of all of it is that I can't TAKE anything for my ailments BECAUSE I'm pregnant. I have a list of medicine that is Ok to take, none of which does ANYTHING for sore throats. And this sore throat is a beast- one for the record books. It probably feels so bad because I haven't been able to get any relief, and haven't been able to get much sleep because of the lack of relief, omigosh it's brutal. I've been out sick for the past 2 days and unless something dramatic happens, I don't see myself going back tomorrow...not fun. The only good thing about sick days is that these days are not cutting in to my maternity leave- starting January 1st, I get 10 new sick days that I need to hold on to so I can take as much maternity leave as possible.

On a happier note, this past weekend Jason and I were in the bay area with his family for Christmas, and we were finally able to spill the beans on our baby bump news!! Everyone was *THRILLED* with our announcement, and had some pretty fun reactions! I think Jason's Dad's side of the family was the loudest and most animated with their reaction, probably because this is the first baby in the family for 11 years, and the first Grandchild, Great-Grandchild, Nephew etc so everyone was overjoyed to say the least :)

I also told my HR department this week, and will finally get to tell my team this coming Monday and then EVERYONE will know! YES! Finally!

Well, I'm on throat lozenge #7, and my throat is coated enough to take a nap so that's what I'm going to do!!!

Thank you everyone for your love and support as our news becomes more public! We are so looking forward to the day when we can meet this growing baby and say HELLO!! We've got some busy months ahead before we can get there...here's a preview:
January:
Jason's Cousin visits
Ash's Mom visits
Packing up our "old" apartment
Moving into our new apartment

February:
Possible trip to Seattle for Ashleigh to see Family

March: Hawaii!!

April: Birthdays GALORE

May: Staying close to home

June: 3 weeks till Baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment