Thursday, July 15, 2010

3 Week Check Up


Today Jason and I headed to Logan's pediatrician's office for his 3 weeks check up (Normally babies have a TWO week check up, but Dr. Phillips was on vacation in Seattle (holla!) last week, so we came in 1 week later). Logan checked out fabulously- not that we expected anything less :) Here are his stats:

Height: 22-1/8" (75th Percentile)
Weight: 9lbs 5oz (50th Percentile)
(He was born at 9lbs 1oz, left the hospital at 8lbs 1oz so he is definitely doing REALLY well with his weight gain)

Dr. Phillips said that everything looks great and that he seems really healthy. She said that we should start doing tummy time now, and that we should read to and sing to or play music for Logan as much as possible right now. She said it doesn't matter WHAT we read, but we just need to get him listening to the rhythm of reading- this is great news because I have a book I want to finish that is WAY over the appropriate content level for an infant so as long as it doesn't matter what is read to him- that is what he will be listening to :)

From the parent's perspective, Logan is perfect. He's doing great and being a good baby for Mommy during the day. He has a pretty mellow temperament, which I predicted he would have given how he was in the womb. He cries when he's hungry or has a dirty diaper and that's pretty much it. We have had a few nights of fussiness which we think are due to gas, but it hasn't been anything unbearable (Knock on wood!). He is extremely alert which is fun- and when we're out and about with him the combo of his size and his alertness makes people think he's way older than he is- which makes me laugh. Today, on our way to the doctor's appointment, a woman in the elevator thought he was 3 months old! haha...she was shocked when we told her he was only 3 weeks! To be honest, however, I can't imagine having a baby any other size than Logan. I love that he's bigger and stronger and isn't as fragile as some 6 or 7lb babies can be :) As I said above, he's perfect and I wouldn't want to change anything about him for anything! He's also been sleeping pretty well...the other night he slept for 3hours and 45 minutes and then last night he outdid himself by sleeping for 4 hours! Woo Hoo! It's insane to me what a difference an hour (or 45 minutes) can make in my mood and ability to function the next day. 45 minutes more of sleep feels like 10 HOURS more of sleep! I can't imagine what I'll be like when he starts actually sleeping through the night...Oooh that will be a glorious, GLORIOUS day!

My Mom arrives on Saturday and will stay for a week and a half with Jason, Logan and me- we're all really looking forward to her visit!!

Here are a couple more pictures from our outing today:


No comments:

Post a Comment