Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby is growing, and so is our home!

Sorry it's been a little while since my last post...things have been busy and I just haven't had the motivation to type!

As some of you know, Jason and I moved this past weekend to an amazing apartment in the Playa Vista community. That's right, we're back on the west side! For those of you NOT in LA, Playa Vista is closer to the area we lived in before- the beach cities. We're not on the water anymore like we were in Hermosa, but we're closer! Playa Vista is located between LAX and Santa Monica. It's kind of an uber-developed new community, that reminds both Jason and I of that movie Pleasantville (Minus the black and white coloring, and the streets that just end with no reason and the people that don't know how to think...). The move went really well overall, we hired professional movers for the first time and were pretty happy with what we got. Of course it was more expensive than we initially figured for, but if they only give you 2 guys and there are elevators at both locations, it's going to take more than 3 hours to move us out of the old place and into the new. If we'd had our friends help us it would have been faster,but we would have been a lot more tired- so I think all in all, it worked out just fine. As soon as we got to the new place, Jason got to work assembling ALL of our Ikea stuff!! He did an AMAZING job and everything looks awesome! I remember the days of my Mom and I going to Ikea to get some furniture pieces and then attempting to put them together...my Mom and I are pretty self sufficient people, and we always ended up cursing at the furniture, or just barely being able to put it together...that was not the case with my awesome husband- I guess power tools DO play some part, but I'm going to give them 1% of the credit...the other 99% goes to Jason!
As Jason slaved away with an Allen Wrench and a picture book of Swiss instructions, I got to work on UNPACKING and ORGANIZING! My first task was the kitchen, which looks amazing if I do say so myself. We have so much more room in this new place, it blew my mind. I kept panicking to myself saying "Oh no, where am I going to fit THIS?" then I'd realize i had 3 cabinets I hadn't even touched yet! Perfect! By the end of the weekend Jason had assemebled all of the furniture, and I'd managed to organize my closet, my bathroom, the closet, our bedside tables and parts of Jason's Bathroom and Closet (For those rooms I basically just picked everything up and put it away...I'm sure he'll change it all out as he wants it, but I at least wanted him to see some organization so he didn't freak out and feel overwhelmed when he made it to that area of the move). The most *AMAZING* thing about the entire move, was that Jason and I didn't fight ONCE...not that we're a big fighting couple, but moving does not bring out the best in us. This is the 3rd time we've moved together, and it was the best by far. Jason thinks it's because we know each other better and can let things roll of our back better...for instance- on Sunday I found a penny while I was doing laundry and since we hadn't unpacked our change cup yet, I just set it on the stove. To be more specific, I set it on the spoon holder on the stove. Jason, of course, flipped out when he saw this and said something to the effect of "Why in the WORLD would you think it's ok to put a nasty, dirty, disease infested penny on a surface that is going to get a SPOON we use for cooking??"I stared at him for a second and just cracked up...had this been 4 years ago, that comment would have caused me to storm out of the apartment and cry for days. I asked him then why he thought we didn't fight as much this time and he said, quite honestly "Because you know when I say a comment like that that I'm just an asshole and you've learned to deal with it...either that or you know I'm right and have just stopped fightin" it's definitely the former...I'll never give up fighting. PUH-LEASE! Jason decided to take today off (Monday) to finish everything up- I have no doubt that when I get home in a few hours, the apartment will be in place and it will look as though we've lived there for YEARS...I'll post pics when everything is 100% done.
Aside from the move, we had another Dr. appointment last week and it went great! We didn't get to SEE the little one this time (sad!) but we did get to hear a heartbeat!! It only lasted a few seconds, but it sounded strong and was definitely going fast! Dr. Morris said that this is what most of our appointments will be like from here on out- not a lot of pictures, but a lot of listening. At our next appointment, however, we get to see the little one again and find out FOR SURE if we're having a Laubst-A or a Laubst-O!We're very excited about this appointment, because it will let us do some major planning! We're kind of banking on the fact that it's probably a boy, but we won't go too crazy in the nursery until we know for sure!
I think those are all of the updates we have now...I'll post pics of the new place, and new pics of my and my EVER growing belly!! There will be some BIG changes from the last photo at 7 weeks!!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment