Saturday, January 29, 2011

What a Day!

Am I really looking FORWARD to Sunday? Yes, yes I am because THIS was my day:

2am: Get woken up by Jason because we both fell asleep on the couch watching TV...argh.

4:45am: Get woken up by Logan, unusually early. I bring him to bed to feed him, he's coughing as he eats (He has a bit of a cold right now), that annoys Jason and Jas asks if I can just feed him a bottle...which I figure is code for: "Do you really need to feed him in the bedroom?" So I take our show out to the living room.

For the next hour or so, Logan and I drift in and out of sleep out in the living room...definitely not the kind of deep sleep required to get you through the day, but hey, sleep is sleep some days.

9:00am: Logan takes a nap I get a quick workout in (woo!)

9:30am: And he's up again! I decide it's time for Jason to join us for the weekend so we go wake him up, feed Logan and start our routine all over again.

We had grand plans of walking to the Playa Vista Farmer's market to get Logan some organic apples and pears for his next round of homemade baby food, and we were going to pick up Jason's drycleaning and drop off a dress that I wanted cleaned, maybe "splurge" on some coffee and tea at Coffee Bean...but that didn't happen. Instead, Logan was EXTREMELY fussy- more fussy than I've seen him in recent months...nothing would satisfy him...he just seemed uncomfortable. I dare not say it was teething, because we've been saying THAT for quite some time and we still don't have any chompers. Jason suggested he may be tired still...and by the look of his heavy eyes I had to agree. I put him in his crib, but he would only sleep for about 5 minutes before crying out again...very UNLIKE our little sleeper...I decided to jump on a 5 minute window and take a shower, assuming Jas could take over if drama struck the nursery....it did, and Jas did his job quite well. He brought the little man out to the living room and put him in his swing for a "Quick" nap...it was about 11:45 at this time...the Farmer's Market closes at 2...plenty of time, right? Wrong.

Logan slept until 2:45! I know- amazing right? And it is, don't get me wrong, I'm glad he got some good sleep in...but it kind of screwed our schedule for the entire day. Both Jas and I were STARVING by 1pm, but there was no way we were going to wake the monster so we could go out somewhere to get food. I didn't want to leave Jas with Logan for fear he wakes up as soon as I walk out the door and would be hungry (We've evolved a LOT over the last "few" years, but breastfeeding is still one thing men CANNOT do)...I'm not sure why Jas didn't head out to get some food, but that turned out to be a good thing as you'll see later...we sat and waited. Jas made phone calls, I blogged. Why didn't I sleep, you ask? I don't know. Something crazy goes on in your head when you have a baby and you KNOW you're supposed to sleep when they sleep, but I feel like EVERY time I try that, unless I lay my head down at the EXACT moment Logan's eyes shut, it doesn't work. Just as I'm drifting off to a deep sleep, he wakes up...I was SO tired today I didn't think I could handle being woken up before I was ready...so I just stayed awake.

So at 2:45, Logan wakes up and the Farmer's Market is VERY much closed. Logan is in a better mood, but now our day is kind of shot and we're not sure what to do. Jas decides he still has errands to run, so he heads out to get his car washed, get his hair cut and a few other things while I stay home and give Logan a bath, feed him some solids and play. That was the plan at least.

As the tub is filling, and I'm about to put Logan in it, my phone rings...it's Jason...who had just left the apartment. He's in our garage, and his car is dead...he needs a jump. So I gather Logan up (Turned the bath water off, of course) and head down to the garage....I jump Jason's car and away he goes. Away Logan and I go to resume bath time, solid eating time and play time. That was the plan at least.

About 20 minutes later, after the bath but about 10 minutes in to Logan's next nap...my phone rings again. Jason's car is dead. Again. This time, at the Car Wash. Awesome. No one at the car wash has a car that can jump his and he needs me to come to the car wash to jump him again. Sigh. I look at my sleeping baby and think, "Really?" Ok!

I wake Logan up (did you hear that? That was the sound of all Mother's cringing), get him in the car seat and away we go, back to the garage, in to the car and over to Millennium Car Wash (The entire time Logan is giving me the WORST look....).

I jump Jason's car and it starts again- phew!

Logan and I head BACK home to resume play time (The 10 minute nap he took was all I was going to get apparently).

Jason comes back about an hour later (He took advantage of being out and finished running his errands, all the while leaving the Tahoe running (and locked) at each stop so it wouldn't die again) and tells me not only is the Tahoe completely dead, but he parked it in our tandem parking spot and my car is blocked in. He needs another jump.

So, we gather Logan up again, and head BACK down to the garage. I attempt to jump Jason's car, but the 3rd time is NOT the charm...the battery is, as Charles Dickens would say, "As dead as a door nail". Awesome. So I hop in the driver's seat of the Tahoe, throw it in neutral as Jason pushes it backwards so he can get my car out (At least Jas got a good workout pushing his car back and forth!). We do the old switcheroo and off he goes to buy a new battery from somewhere (and to pick up dinner because I am STARVING again).

Logan and I head BACK upstairs, and thankfully, Logan is rubbing his eyes by this point and is READY for bed. We read a quick story, sing a couple of songs and off he goes to sleep land.

So now I'm home, stranded without a car or a husband waiting for him to come back with dinner (Chipotle...it's been one of those days). I've poured myself a glass of wine that really isn't that great, but it's doing the trick tonight, and am about to indulge in some trashy reality TV.

All in all, the day was fine...but I'm not ok with days that end with me not going outside ONCE...or days where I basically got zero time to do either anything for myself or anything I had set out to do...Jason's going to work tomorrow, so I won't get that time tomorrow either, then it's back to work on Monday.

But I have next weekend to look forward to... and the rest of this glass of wine.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha sounds like you had a LOOONNNG day. I hope Sunday is better. Try to get some good sleep tonight in bed ;)

    ReplyDelete