Monday, April 19, 2010

I feel like singing a tune from Annie...


"We Got Annie" Remember that song? When Daddy Warbucks OFFICIALLY adopted the adorable red head, and Grace the assistant and some other guy danced all aroudn the mansion singing "we got Annie!"...anyone? Ok, well, that's how I felt Friday night, though instead of singing "Annie" I wanted to sing "We Got Uppa!" as in UppaBaby Vista! Yes, oh yes, months of waiting and hunting online finally paid off :) Jas found a great deal for a "used" 2009 UppaBaby on Craigslist on Friday, he called up the seller and the agreed to meet that night to take a look at the goods! Jas called me after the meeting and sadly told me he did NOT buy the stroller...he said that the stroller was filthy, the people's home was filthy and he could not WAIT to get out of there...he said it was a complete waste of time to head out there...I felt HORRIBLE. I didn't even care that we didn't get it, I just felt bad that he went ALL the way out there when he was SO tired, only to be disappointed! I cursed myself for falling for a well written craigslist post with a stock photo...I knew you should never trust a stock photo!! Always look for an actual photo of the actual merchandise! Drat!
However...my husband is VERY sneaky and enjoys toying with my emotions... because 45 minutes after he called me to break the news to me, he walked in to our apartment PUSHING THE BEAUTIFUL, RED, 2009 UPPABABY VISTA!! Tags still on the stroller (as the ad had said they were) plastic wrapping STILL on the aluminum frame and bassinet! AMAZING! This was basically a BRAND NEW STROLLER! Never been used!! And it was ours! I was so excited! I immediately started playing with it, pushing it around the apartment, taking the bassinet out and the toddler seat in, playing with the sunshade, the basket underneath! Jason just looked at me like I was completely nuts...but at least I was happy and at least i would finally shut up about this dang stroller! I was very tempted to take one of the cats, plop him in the bassinet and stroll him around the block...I didn't though...not yet at least. I may have to in the coming weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment