Saturday, May 14, 2011

I didn't FORGET a card...I just ran out of time...

On Valentine's Day, I "got in trouble" because I didn't get Jason a card (We had clearly discussed the fact that we "were NOT doing anything" for Valentine's day...in my mind that meant no cards OR gifts...in Jason's mind, that meant no gifts because "we ALWAYS do cards" ayy yii yii...) - so I clarified a million times over that we WERE in fact doing cards for our Anniversary and that we were exchanging them on Saturday (Even though we celebrated on Friday) - he confirmed. The reason I was so adamant on getting clarification is because I had every intention in the world of actually getting a card....but it's 9:30pm on our anniversary and I am card-less...I just completley ran out of time this week and weekend. That's the only excuse I have...so, rather than write something up on a napkin or a scratch piece of paper and try to give it to Jason, I thought I'd write what I would have written in a card here on the blog....here goes!

Dear Jason,

I remember waking up on this day 2 years ago with a smile reaching across my face as I screamed "IT'S WEDDING DAY!" yes, the day was full of a lot of hoopla and getting ready, but more than anything, that day was full of the anticipation of one moment...one phrase that Icould not wait to hear: "I now pronounce you Man and Wife" that was all I needed that day. Forget the dress, the guests, the food, the photos...all I needed on May 14, 2009 was to know that I was your wife...and to have the security that I will ALWAYS be your wife. Thank you for letting me be this role in someone's life...in your life.
I love our life together - and I love you more and more every day. Thank you for being the most supportive, charming, handsome, intelligent, caring partner anyone could ever ask for. You have shown me this year, more than any of our years together, your strength in supporting me as your wife and friend- from helping me with Logan to helping me find my path in life - I know that you will always have my back and I couldn't ask for anything more from the man I call my husband. I can only hope that you feel that I am just as supportive.

I love you Jason with all that I am.

Happy 2nd Anniversary - I promise I'll get you a card next year...but you may have to remind me.

Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment