Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kauai in a nut shell

Aloha!
Jas and I got back EARLY this morning from our awesome vacation to Kauai, HI. It was a really fun trip- and we have a lot to report on! Much too much to put in one blog update, so I think I'll break it up into days or activities (Haven't quite decided yet!) to let you all in on what we did while we were gone.

A few things I can point out right away are that first, I absolutely LOVED spending this much time with Jason. It's been hard lately to connect wtih the love of my life simply because I've been tired, and he's been busy! So it was amazing to have this much time together to just BE together. I can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I did each and every day on this trip...I didn't think it was possible to love Jason more than I did before we left for the trip, but I am one smitten kitten over this man, that is for sure! He is amazing, and I can't wait to see what kind of Father he's going to be in just a few short months (97 days to be exact!). LaubsterLove is in the HIZOUSE!

Secondly, while we enjoyed our time together and our time on vacation immensely, to describe Kauai in one word would be..."Huh?" We just didn't "get it". Honestly. I spoke with my friend Elizabeth before we left for our trip, and Elizabeth said that she had spent a few hours on Kauai in the past and that she thought it was one of the most beautiful places she'd seen...and Elizabeth has seen A LOT...she's traveled around the world multiple times so when I heard that SHE thought so highly of Kauai, I was excited...but I have to ask her tomorrow "Umm...really?" Kauai was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but neither Jason or I were really STRUCK by it's beauty or amazed by how great it all was. We are definitely Maui people if we were forced to describe ourselves via a Hawaiian Island. Maybe it was because NEITHER of us had been to Kauai before, but we just felt kind of lost the whole time! We didn't even make it to a beach until Tuesday- and we left on Wednesday! We never made it out to go snorkeling, and each day we just kind of seemed hard pressed to find specific activities to do...very weird for us. Granted, some of it can be "blamed" on me being pregnant, which prevented us from doing some stuff we probably would have jumped at doing, but we both agreed that Kauai is not as accessible as Maui. When we've gone to Maui, whether we've stayed in Kaanapali or Napili, everything has been easy to get to. Either a 10 minute car drive away, or a stroll down the beach or concrete path got us to where we wanted to go...Kauai was not the same.Again, we had a great time and are grateful for this time we had together, but we're both really glad that The Newlywed Game picked up our air fair and hotel tab for this one! But hey, at least we know now, right?
Ok, several more blog updates and pictures to follow :) stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment