Let me just preface this entry by saying it feels really weird and wrong to be writing about something as trivial and brainless as updating my family and friends on where I'm at with my pregnancy given the tragedy in Connecticut that happened last week. I don't think I've fully wrapped my head around what happened. I learned about the event through friends postings on Facebook. I've shunned all news correspondence I've seen on the topic and have just today started reading articles about what actually happened. I can't bring myself to look at the photos of the children who lost their lives that day, I can't bring myself to learn their names. I know I'm being an ostrich in this situation and hiding my head in the sand in hopes that none of this is real. but as a mother of a young son who will soon be in preschool, then kindergarten and then first grade and a woman pregnant with a little girl it's all I can do right now to get past the tragic events of last Friday. I have no idea what the answers are to this problem are country is facing; more gun control? I'm all for it. More help for the mentally ill? Absolutely. How do we get there? I don't have a clue. I just want to be able to take my son to his first day of kindergarten in a couple of years and be excited about the journey he's about to embark on. I don't want my heart to jump every time my phone rings while he's tucked safely away in a school. I hope and pray that our country will get there and not just because enough time has passed that we've forgotten the events of this past week, but because change has occurred and we've found a way to protect our children. I don't know how that will happen but I pray that it does...
So with that, here's my mindless, trivial update on me and what's going on in my belly...
1. How far along? 25 Weeks
2. Total Weight gain/loss: I've finally reached the double digits! At my 24 week appt (1 week ago for those of you a little slow in the math dept) I had gained 10lbs - WOO!
3. Maternity Clothes: I'm definitely in them now! I still have one pair of jeans that I can get in to if i use the rubber-band method to secure them, however, I wore them one day a few weeks ago and by the end of the day, they had stretched out and the rubber-band wasn't working to keep them closed, so I figured I'd just button them up like a non-pregnant person. While that method technically worked, about 2 hours after doing so I started getting sharp pains in my belly and felt VERY VERY nauseous, thank goodness it didn't take me long to realize what the problem was and I promptly changed into sweats as soon as i figured it out - sorry baby girl!
4. Stretch Marks: Not a one!
5. Sleep: Sleeping well - just need to get to bed earlier (ya, it's 10:40 right now and I'm still down stairs snacking...brilliant.)
6. Best Moment this week: Feeling like my belly finally POPPED :)
7. Movement: Most definitely. It's funny though, she's very much like Logan. Let's me know that she's there and that she's doing well but is pretty mellow. I do remember Logan kicking more during the day (When I'd drive to work or I was at work during the day) but I don't remember what stage that was all happening at. It seems like every day she kicks a little more so I'm sure she's just amping up for an all day dance party. Right about now, 10:30/11pm seems to be her favorite time to get down :)
8. Food Cravings: Still no cravings...I am eating more so that's good, but food just hasn't been on the forefront of my mind this pregnancy. I did experience 2 things that did NOT sound/smell/taste good today however, both of which were weird. The firs was a sandwich made with toasted whole wheat bread. A gal at work ordered a sandwich and she wasn't in her office when the kitchen brought it over so they put it on my desk until she returned. I don't know what it was about that bread, but the sweet smell of it made me sick to my stomach. Then later tonight I had one of my most favorite snacks, sliced apples and peanut butter - the peanut butter just didn't taste as good as it normally does. BOTH of these taste things are weird because just this morning for breakfast I had a PB&J on WHOLE WHEAT toast...and it tasted fine.
9. Gender: As far as we know, it's still a girl :) haha
10. Labor Signs: No - thank goodness!
11. Belly Button: Still in and i hope it stays that way for a LOOONG time.
12. Wedding Rings on or off? Still on and I feel like they may stay on for a while this time around...again, SO WEIRD. I think I took them off at 20 weeks when I was prego with Logan.
13. What I miss: As of this moment, nothing. The pregnancy is going really well , I have energy, I feel healthy and I'm not completely uncomfortable yet...by the next entry I'm sure I'll have something to miss :)
14. What I am looking forward to: Going home to Seattle in a few days to celebrate Christmas with my family!
15. Weekly Wisdom: Umm...can I just say this is a pretty big item with some large expectations from a pregnant gal - WEEKLY wisdom?! First of all, it's expecting this prego brain to have any sort of wisdom and second of all, it's expecting it on a weekly basis...not happenin! The only thing I can think of at this point is to just enjoy pregnancy as much as possible and not stress about the details. I'm trying to get to that place now as we're in the time frame where we have to start thinking about delivery options - my Dr is telling me she thinks I'm a great candidate for a VBAC but for so long I've been set on having another c-section. I'm completely torn on this topic and not sure which way to turn. I'm trying not to focus on making a decision and to just think about being pregnant right now and hope that the right decision will just come to me.
16. Milestones:I passed my glucose test last week! WEEEEE! I wasn't as fortunate when I was prego with Logan and had to take the 2nd test which is 3 hours of pure torture. I am SO grateful I don't have to endure that this time around!